Sunday, May 27, 2012

10 days post op

Well I have made it to the 10 day mark now.  I have had remarkable recovery so far.  Since the last post I have been able to discontinue the pain pills, I am walking over a mile, riding a bike for over 40 mins, and driving.  Now with that said I have seem to have open the incision quite a bit and have had some bleeding every day since Friday when the surgeon removed half of the staples.  I am assuming it is because I am trying to do to much but I will just say the Dr did something wrong :-)  Other than the bleeding issue things are progressing well.  I am very excited about getting back to training for the summer tri season.  I have found that riding on a non tri bike at a leisurely pace is less painful that walking right now but it does put you in a more vulnerable state so it is a little risky.  Also I learned the joys of sneezing today for the first time, it is quite possibly the worst feeling I have ever had.  The only way I can put it is it felt as if my entire stomach was ripping open and I could feel each tear.
I wanted to post some updated pics to show the incision recovery but I was to busy trying to reattach my belly tonight and forgot to take the pics before all the sterri-stripps were put on, maybe next time.  I have been reading a new book called The Second Brain written by Michael D. Gershon, M.D., it is about the function of the intestine and how it is controlled by a separate nervous system than the brain/spinal cord nervous system.  I will post anything interesting I might read there, it is fairly technical reading so it might take me sometime lol.  Thats all I have for now, congrats to all the Buffalo Marathon finishers today, wish I could have been there.

No comments:

Post a Comment