Wednesday, May 16, 2012

24 hours

Normally 1st thing in the morning is my favorite time. Hot cup of coffee, nice filling bowl of oatmeal, and a delicious sweet banana. Well today consist of Black coffee. Yup that's it. Anyone one who has ever had bowel surgery or a colonoscopy knows how this story is going to end. So there is no food allowed all day, I can drink orange or line gatorade and have the same in jello. I know your think wow this guy is lucky but wait there is more. Starting at 1pm start taking antibiotics every 4 hours to help prevent infection tomorrow. If you dont know they don't sit to well on an empty stomach. Then the grand finale, There is a bowel flush at 6 pm. If you have never experienced this you are extremely lucky. Have you ever had a case of bad diarrhea? Well imagine that times 100, this flush stuff taste nasty and works fast. You are
Tied to a toilet for at least 3 hours, and you will learn the real meaning behind explosive diarrah. I know I know this just sounds amazing and if y'all are so lucky you may also get to try this someday(and if you are over 50 or experience any bowel discomfort please talk with your DR/Gastroenterologist and get checked out. A simple colonoscopy can catch colon cancer and safe your life). There's my PSA for the day. Please don't take this as me complaining I am just trying to explain what a day in the life of someone who has IBD/IBS can be like. No this isn't everyday but for me personally theirs is the 2nd surgery and 7 bowel prep in the last 6 years. So it has become somewhat of a joke around my house now. So as I finish my black coffee I will sit here and contemplate doing my last 7 mile run. Maybe I will have some nice orange Gatorade first:-). May y'all have a blessed day and please pray for me and my doctors over the next few day. I will keep y'all posted and I promise some gross pics if you want em.

No comments:

Post a Comment