Sunday, April 29, 2012

Getting Closer to the Big DAY!

Well I am 18 days from surgery and I am getting very excited.  So many things to think about, and I am going to be "normal" again.  Had a pretty cool weekend as well, got to see Lance Armstrong speak and go to the Bills draft day party.  Want to give a big shout out to Mary Eggers for beating Lance Armstrong  in the 50 meter kick off.  They were also able to raise over $50,000 for teenslivingwithcancer and livestrong.  You can still donate to this as well, so if there is anyone out there that can help please go to this link http://www.teenslivingwithcancer.org/duel-in-the-pool/

As for my surgery, I am most worried about the post surgery and how my bowels are going to act.  I will probably keep myself on a pretty bland and strict diet to start but if anyone has ever dealt with IBD/IBS and has an thoughts or helpful hints, please let me know.  I will also have at least 4-6 weeks off of training, not sure how well I will handle that part.  I have not gone more than 2 days without training in the last year, who knows maybe I will come back even STRONGER!

Time to get ready for another week of work and see if I come up with anymore big ideas.  Still plan on the Buffalo to DC bike ride, any thoughts on a route?

No comments:

Post a Comment