Saturday, April 21, 2012

Up and Down Weekend

Had some big workouts already this weekend and haven't felt so hot.  Thinking I need to quit eating junk food so much, just does not sit well in my guts.  Did a 53 mile bike ride yesterday and had horrible heart burn, and gas the entire 3.5 hours, especially when in the aero position.  Then did a 11.5 mile run today and had the same problem.  I don't know if it was the ice cream, pretzel m&m's, or wheat thins.  Maybe a combination of all?  Will I ever learn.  I better straighten up only 3.5 weeks until the surgery, then I won't be able to be eating all this junk anyway.

I did find an interesting read on long rides and how to properly pee on the bike, gotta check it out,
http://www.amateurendurance.com/community-submissions/article/how-to-peeing-on-the-bike/  This is something anyone in endurance sports must deal with at some point.

I am also thinking of doing a ride from Home to D.C. to visit Amy in August.  Would be a 400 mile ride, try for 4-5 days I think.  I'll have to see how I recover from surgery but I think it would be a great time.  Would get to see a lot of great sights, only thing that worries me is riding in D.C.  I have never had to ride in city traffic, always lived in the country.  We'll see what happens but things are looking great, and life is good.

No comments:

Post a Comment